Uganda East Africa

Uganda East Africa

Child Sponsorship

Child Sponsorship


Sponsor an orphaned child for only $40.00 per month.

This small amount will help pay for school fees, food, clothing, housing, and medical fees for the child.


To Sponsor a Child: Visit our Website: BlessTheChildrenMinistries.org

to see all of the children's pictures and profiles!


Write letters, visit your child, bless an orphan with care and love!!


Sunday, January 3, 2010

God is specific and faithful!


As we close out 2009 and bring in the new year, I have a story from 08 that I want to share with you about how "specific" God is.  A few months ago, Pastor Francis, in Uganda, sent me an email explaining that the orphans and family in the Orphan Home were getting terribly sick because they were drinking from a muddy puddle behind the house.  God quickly laid it on my heart to present this need to my home church, Fellowship Bible Church, to see if anyone would be interested in donating to purchase a Rain Water Collection Tank that could attach to their home and provide clean water.  The "Water for Wellness" project was quickly born, and I subtly presented the need the next Sunday in the Lobby with a home spun project board.

The total need, as I knew it, was $2,500.00 USD to buy the tank.  That Sunday I collected $200.00 from two individuals.  A little discouraged, I went home and later prayed and expressed my disappointment to the Lord, but also prayed that He would provide the funds, and expressed that I would keep trying.   I just knew he must want the Children to have clean water!  So, a week rolled by, and there I stood in the church lobby once again with my home made project board, trying to bring awareness of the need to the members.  Earlier that morning, I collected another $100.00 donation from a dear friend for the water.  First and second service came and went, and I began to pack up with a thankful heart, but slightly disappointed.  Did God not want the Tank?  Just as I was wrapping up and the lobby was nearly vacant, my husband walks up with a couple who was touched by the project and a check in his hand for $2,500.00 USD!  Wow!  What little faith I had!  I was so excited, to no surprise, God had done it!   But why the extra $300.00, I asked myself.  I quickly sent a text message to Pastor Francis in Uganda and explained to him that God provided "some" money today for the water, and that I would like to know EXACTLY how much it would cost to buy the tank.  Later that evening I received an email that said:
Rain Tank- $2,500 USD
Shipping, installation, gutters- $300.00
Total-  $2,800 USD

I about fell out of my chair!  God had provided EXACTLY what was needed for this project in two short Sundays.  I felt that the Lord and I were laughing together at how this all played out!  Well needless to say, I learned that not only would the Lord provide for His orphans, but that He is Specific in His provisions!  I also learned that it didn't even take much effort to present the need, and that all God is really looking for is someone to say "Yes"  when he speaks to our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment